Summer Dance Intensive In New York City June 29 -July 4, 2015
ARCHCORE40 PERFORMANCE AND DEVELOPMENT INTENSIVE
The Ultimate Contemporary & Hip Hop Summer Dance Intensive
ArchCore40 is a one week summer intensive with a contemporary and hip hop focus for the advanced, dedicated, and disciplined student. The program is designed to provide young dancers with the knowledge and technical skills for the successful transition into a professional career. Only 40 dancers will be selected to attend the program. Dancers MUST be proficient in ballet, jazz, contemporary and/or hip hop to attend. To be seriously considered for admission the applicant must be open to learning multiple styles.
- Contemporary Master Classes: Take master classes with some of New York’s leading contemporary choreographers.
- Dance for Film: A tutorial of do’s and don’ts for working on set for film and video work. Watch yourself on film and work on specific ways to make your movement translate on camera.
- Audition Preparation: The first impression that you make in an audition setting will be the one that prevails; learn the skills to make your first impression a positive one. Receive advice on proper attire, improvising and free style advice, and learn how to get noticed from the first combination. Ultimately, learn the difference between an audition for the Disney Channel and the Met Opera.
- Coaching Sessions: ArchCore40 will provide private professional advice on refining and polishing the technical execution of your movement.
- Repertory Classes: Spend each day in rehearsal with Jennifer Archibald working on Arch Dance Company Repertory that will be performed in an open showing at the end of the intensive. Work on memorization, execution of movement, and development of artistry in performance.
- Photo-shoot: The way your resume and head-shot is presented is an indication of your professionalism. Head shots and body shots are effective self-marketing tools, because it serves as a reminder for companies and agencies, associating your name with your face. ArchCore40 will provide a current head-shot for your portfolio.
- Mentoring: The faculty of ArchCore40 will ensure that all 40 dancers will experience an environment of great individual support. Our mentoring sessions will help young dancers understand how their ambitions will fit into their appropriate career choices.
- Portfolio Workshop: Building a strong portfolio, both in print and on-line, is essential to building a career as a performer. This workshop will provide ideas for your on-line presence, as well as give you guidelines for creating a successful personae in the dance community.
- Injury Prevention: Taught by a certified corrective exercise trainer, this workshop will provide tips on preventing dance injuries and identifying overuse and trauma. You will become more knowledgeable on understanding the body’s patterns and muscular imbalances.
Enrolment in the intensive is limited to 40 students. Dancers can audition via video or live audition. Cost to audition TBA. Please note the deadlines listed below for Video and Live auditions:
I. NEW YORK LIVE AUDITIONS | JANUARY 24th 2015
II. FLORIDA LIVE AUDITION | To Be Anounced
III. SUBMIT A VIDEO AUDITION | BY FEBRUARY 15, 2015 Click here for Video Audition info.