Summer Dance Intensive In New York City June 27 -July 2, 2016
ARCHCORE40 PERFORMANCE AND DEVELOPMENT INTENSIVE
The Ultimate Contemporary & Hip Hop Summer Dance Intensive
ArchCore40 is a one week summer intensive with a contemporary & hip hop focus for the advanced, dedicated, & disciplined student. The program is designed to provide dancers with the knowledge & technical skills required for a successful transition into a professional career. Only 40 dancers are selected to attend this program. Dancers MUST be proficient in ballet, jazz, contemporary &/or hip hop to attend.
- Master Classes: Take master classes with some of New York’s leading contemporary and hip hop choreographers.
- Dance for Film: A tutorial of do’s and don’ts for working on set for film and video work. Watch yourself on film and work on specific ways to make your movement translate on camera.
- Audition Preparation: The first impression that you make in an audition setting will be the one that prevails. Learn the skills to make your first impression a positive one. Receive advice on proper attire, improvising & free style & learn how to get noticed from the first combination.
- Coaching Sessions: ArchCore40 will provide private professional advice on refining & polishing the technical execution of your movement. .
- Repertory Classes: Spend each day in rehearsal with Jennifer Archibald working on Arch Dance Company Repertory that will be performed in an open showing at the end of the intensive. Work on memorization, execution of movement & development of artistry in performance.
- Photo-shoot: Your resume & head-shot(s) are an indication of your professionalism. Your photos are effective self-marketing tools and serve as a reminder for hiring companies & agencies when associating your name with your face. ArchCore40 will provide a current head-shot for your portfolio.
- Mentoring: Our faculty will ensure that all dancers experience an environment of great individual support. Mentoring sessions will help dancers understand how their ambitions fit into their appropriate career choices.
- Portfolio Workshop: Building a strong print & on-line portfolio is essential to building your career as a performer. This workshop will equip you with great tips and ideas for your on-line presence and equip you with industry guidelines for creating a successful persona in the dance community.
- Injury Prevention: Taught by a dance medicine professional, this workshop will provide tips on preventing dance injuries & identifying overuse & trauma. You will become more knowledgeable on understanding the body’s patterns & muscular imbalances.
Enrollment in the intensive is limited to 40 students. Dancers can audition live or by video. Please note the key dates listed below:
I. NEW YORK LIVE AUDITIONS | JANUARY 9th 2016 Click here for NY Live Audition info.
II. FLORIDA LIVE AUDITION | DATE TBD Click here for FL Live Audition info.
III. SUBMIT A VIDEO AUDITION | BY FEBRUARY 15, 2016 Click here for Video Audition info.